A continuous slot on the bottom of the busway housing permits insertion of plug-in units. The busway is available in 2, 3 or 4 poles and rated at 60, 100, 160 and 225 amperes, 300 and 600 volts. The extruded aluminum housing is approved as 100% capacity ground. The solid copper conductors are continuously encapsulated in insulation and comply with the latest UL requirements for protection against accidental contact of live electrical parts. Standard lengths are 5, 10 and 20 feet. Standard 20 foot sections mean faster installation and fewer splices in the conductor. A busway section weighs about half the weight
of a steel enclosed busway.
The housing is compact, yet rugged enough to be supported at 10 foot intervals.
The extruded aluminum housing has a modern attractive appearance not found in steel enclosed busways. Busway improves the appearance of every application. The electrical conductors are available only in copper for better conductivity.
- Extruded aluminum housing that is rugged and attractive
- Solid copper conductors — not aluminum
- Continuous access slot in housing for plug-in units
- Continuous insulation around bus bars
- Standard lengths of 5, 10 and 20 feet
- Support spacing 10 feet
- Can be rod or cable suspended, ceiling surface mounted or recessed in a drop ceiling
- 100% capacity ground standard or isolated
- 100% and 200% capacity neutral sizes available
- UL and CUL listed. Meets UL standard 857, Busways and Associated Fittings. Complies with Article 364 of National Electrical Code.
- 60, 100, 160 and 225 ampere continuous, 300, 600 or 480Y/277 volts, 2, 3 or 4 pole, with ground, 200% neutral, 60 and 400 Hertz
- Lightweight — about half the weight of steel enclosed busway
- Variety of plug-in units
- All plug-in units are polarized
- Electrical connection is not made until twist plug is fully inserted and rotated
- Suitable for feeder or branch circuit applications
- Easily extended, removed or relocated
- Snap-in closure strip closes plug-in slot