A Remote Power Panel
(RPP) provides power distribution extensions from PDUs or other power sources directly to server racks with several benefits:
• Distribution capacity: Your PDU may have ample power capacity, but no extra breaker or panelboard capacity. An RPP, powered from a single PDU subfeed or 208V distribution panel, provides circuit (or pole) capacity so that you can easily expand your server capacity without adding PDUs.
• Cooling: PDUs are usually placed outside the server room because of the heat they generate. As distribution extensions of PDUs in the server room, RPPs reduce cooling needs.
• Footprint: RPPs are footprint-compatible with server racks (2Ꞌ x 2Ꞌ or 2Ꞌ x 4Ꞌ) and architecturally compatible with server rack designs.
• Server layout flexibility: RPPs can be placed virtually anywhere on the server room floor, adaptable to various equipment layouts.
• Maintenance: RPPs, RPP panelboards, or individual circuits can be shut down for maintenance while the associated PDU remains powered up.
Distribution Capacity in a Small Footprint A PDI RPP can pack in a lot in a 2′ x 2′ floor tile footprint:
• Dual feeds
• Up to 168 circuit breakers in four panelboards
• PDI’s Branch Circuit Monitoring System
• WaveStar® Color Monitor or WaveStar® Monitor (monochrome)
PDI has the most comprehensive line of Remote Power Panels (RPPs) in the data center business.